2019-2024 Merrimac UMC Expansion – $288,000 “Raise The Roof” project.
Loan Balance is only $23,000 on June 30, 2022.
Why is this expansion important for our church?
- An ADA-accessible restroom on the main level
- A separate and private office for the pastor on the main level
- Additional storage space on the main level
- A larger narthex/gathering area on the main level, with a sink and coffee area
- A new, more accessible entrance on the main level
- An expanded/unfinished basement area for future enlargement of the kitchen, storage space, and extra classroom
How will this expansion benefit the ministry and missions of our church?
- Provide more inviting space for those who need accessible areas
- Meet spiritual needs – additional sanctuary seating/gathering area for funerals, weddings, baptisms
- Allow the pastor to conduct private counseling
- Further group activities – vacation bible school, United Methodist Women district meetings, Emmaus gatherings, annual chicken BBQ, community activities such as pizza night, movie night, ice cream social, game night, etc.
- Allow storage of items on the same floor where they are used – coffee pot, communion items, etc.
- Allow more activities on the main level, avoiding the issue of moving from level to level
With God’s help – and yours – the project may be paid for by June 2024